Turmeric Better Than Prozac for Depression
Turmeric has been found to contain some of the best medicinal properties that can deliver an all-in-one solution for your health. This root has some very powerful anti-inflammatory properties. As a matter of fact, it helps in preventing further growth of cancerous cells. Turmeric is also well known to treat depression and lowers cholesterol. The list is long, but it is worth mentioning other benefits like its ability to treat skin cancer, Alzheimer’s disease and conditions like arthritis, heartburn, jaundice, diarrhea, gallbladder and stomach pain.
Turmeric For Depression
There are many different ways to treat depression and a very common treatment is Prozac. The sad thing about using any type of drug for depression is the side effects that they come with it like having a hard time breathing, bleeding in the stomach, or worse – suicidal thoughts.
Research has proven that turmeric can help a person with depression without having to deal with any side effects. Turmeric treats depression with its special component called curcumin, which gives turmeric its yellow color. It is more effective than the fluoxetine that Prozac contains.
You can take turmeric daily in Garden’s Best Genesis Superfood Juice Powder.
- 4 cups of cold water.
- 2 Tbsp of freshly grated or powdered turmeric.
- 4 Tbsp pure maple syrup, raw organic honey or stevia
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 orange (optional)
- Pinch of black pepper (always mix curcumin with black pepper as it makes turmeric more available)
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Stir and serve chilled with a slice of lemon.
Here’s what the lemonade offers:
– It contains natural anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and antiviral properties.
– It is a strong immunity booster that will improve absorption of essential nutrients
– Lemon juice is used in many detoxes to cleanse the liver and gallbladder
It can be consumed on a daily basis and it goes well with any type of food. The great thing about this recipe is the fact that you don’t have to spend tons of money and you can make it at home. Anyone that uses this recipe can benefit. You can purchase the ingredients just about anywhere.
Note: Taking turmeric along with certain medications can produce unwelcome side effects. Talk to your healthcare provider before you take turmeric.