5 Reasons to Juice Fast
Here are 5 great reasons to do a juice fast:
- You’ll Lose Weight – Many people lose 1 to 2 pounds a day when they juice fast. Many people have experienced this amazing weight loss during our retreats where we do 3 days of juice fasting together during the week.
- Detox – Juices are chock full of antioxidants that bind to toxins and carry them out of the body so they don’t damage your cells. You’ll clear out toxins that have hung around for a long time.
- Rejuvenate Your Cells – There’s something about fresh juices with their vitamins, minerals, enzymes, phytonutrients, and biophotons. When you bathe your cells in all these wonderful nutrients, they come to life!
- Energize Your Body – One of the comments I hear most often from people who juice fast is that their energy increases. Why? Raw juices contain biophotons, the light rays of energy that plants absorb from the sun. Biophotons feed our mitochondria, the energy units of our cells that make ATP, our energy fuel.
- Look Younger – I often hear people exclaim that they look younger after a juice fast. The antioxidants go to work binding up free radicals that cause wrinkles.
The 5 Day Juice Fassst starts the first Monday of each month.
Recipe for Today
Curb Your Carb Cravings Juice Serves 1
Jerusalem artichoke juice combined with carrot and beet is a traditional remedy for satisfying cravings for sweets and junk food. They key is to sip it slowly when you get a craving for high-fat or high-carb foods.
- 1 Jerusalem artichoke, well scrubbed
- 3-4 carrots, scrubbed well, tops removed, ends trimmed
- 1/2 small beet, scrubbed well
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1/2 lemon
Cut produce to fit your juicer’s feed tube. Juice ingredients and stir. Pour into a glass and drink as soon as possible.